Sports massage works with the soft tissues of the body, including muscles, tendons and ligaments to prevent and manage injury. It is a no-nonsense treatment designed to stretch tight muscles, stimulate inactive muscles and improve the condition of the soft tissues.
Benefits can include:
- Maintains the body in better condition
- Helps to prevent injury
- Restoring mobility and flexibility after injury
- relieve muscle tension
- reduce aches and pains
- rehabilitate minor injuries and persistent niggles
- support your training in the build-up to an event
- speed up recovery following intense training or post-event
- prevent injuries to muscles, tendons and ligaments
- improve posture
You do not need to participate in a sport to benefit from a sports massage. Day to day problems such as repetitive strain injury, sprains, tension and fatigue can be relieved by this treatment.